Determining the Management and Quality of Life of Patients with Pituitary Tumours.

Main Article Content

Narasingha Pradhan, Rabinarayan Panda, Sudhanshu Sekhar Mishra, Deepak Kumar Das


Recent developments in proteomic research on pituitary adenomas (PA) have improved our comprehension of these tumours’ hormonal states.

Aim: The researchers set out to learn more about pituitary tumour care and patients’ quality of life after treatment.

Materials and methods:  The Institutional Review Board approved this study to ensure it followed all applicable ethical guidelines. The location of the present investigation is Cuttack, Odisha. The CB Medical College and Hospital was the site of the operation.

Using a retrospective observational technique, this research assessed patients’ quality of life with pituitary tumours and the therapeutic options accessible to them. For the present investigation, twenty-five individuals were a part of the study. The study population consisted of patients diagnosed with pituitary tumours between and. To measure the concentrations of GH, LH, FSH, and TSH, researchers utilized ELISA kits made by MERCK. The procedures were adjusted per the guidelines provided in the kit instructions.

Results: Concerning the current research, a total of twenty-five persons were included in the study that was being conducted. Among them, 23 people, which accounted for 92% of the sample, revealed poor visual acuity. On the other hand, the remaining two individuals, which accounted for 8% of the sample, displayed normal visual acuity. From the investigation’s conclusions, it was determined that fundoscopy produced typical results in 44 per cent of the patients who were checked. In 44 per cent of the patients, papilledema was identified; in 12 per cent of the cases, optic atrophy was found. Twelve per cent of the individuals assessed for this research did not undergo perimetry. However, abnormal field defects were identified in twenty per cent of the cases.

In contrast, typical field defects were seen in sixty-eight per cent of the remaining instances. Conclusion: According to the findings of this research, tailored treatment strategies are fundamental to achieving the best possible clinical outcomes and quality of life for patients with pituitary tumours. Based on the study results, suggestions were given for future research, prospective areas of improvement in the care of pituitary tumours, and evaluations of quality of life were carried out. This research aims to enhance patient outcomes and quality of life in general by providing insightful and comprehensive information on the complex elements of the advancements in pituitary tumour treatment strategies.

Article Details